Alpha Media - Portland is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Account Executive with a proven record of building and maintaining on-going relationships with existing clients through the entire sales cycle. The ideal candidate must possess proven business development and sales experience and be a self-starter that is able to work with clients to meet marketing objectives and sell the value of Alpha Media’s local radio and digital brands.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquarter in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest growing company in radio today!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Sell advertising time/internet space as well as event and sports marketing and sponsorships. Work with advertisers to help market themselves to the fans of Alpha’s portfolio of radio stations, websites, and social media pages.
- Coordinate all aspects of client radio advertising campaign including copy, production, billing, collections, remote broadcasts, and event marketing.
- Regularly meet with prospective and current clients to create and maintain sales relationships.
- Develop new business in selected markets and/or geographic locations. Consistent cold-calling is required of all Account Executives.
- Assist with collections and accounts receivable as needed.
- Attend weekly sales training meetings and one-on-one meetings with manager.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- Minimum two years’ outside sales experience.
- High School Diploma required.
- Will need to learn and have knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of sales principles and practices, including sale of on-air and online media.
- Knowledge of products, customer needs, competition, and market trends.
- Excellent negotiating, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy in applicable programs including MS Power Point, Word, and Excel.
- Will be trained on and expected to master Wide Orbit, VCreative, and Efficio.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task while balancing multiple priorities, and detail oriented.
- This position requires a fully insured personal vehicle and valid driver license.
- Must provide required proof of personal vehicle insurance.
- Must provide Motor Vehicle Record and meet grading requirements.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Previous broadcast media sales.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a growing entity, submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on the Apply button. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: HR – Account Executive
1211 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 600
Portland, OR 97204
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.