Alpha Media – Grinnell-Newton is seeking experienced Account Executives. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that is able to work with clients to meet marketing objectives and sell the value of Alpha Media local radio and digital brands, possess a proven track record of building and maintaining on-going relationships with new and existing clients through the entire sales cycle.
Alpha Media is one of the fastest growing companies in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
We are live and local and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Sell radio and digital advertising.
- Provide valuable consultative services to small, mid-size, and large firms and bring a concentrated focus on business development for both you and your clients.
- Prospect for new accounts and identify local businesses that have a need for our products and services.
- Set appointments, meet with clients, make sales presentations, and execute contracts.
- Establish and execute weekly, daily, and monthly sales plans.
- Assist with writing advertising copy as required by the client.
- Coordinate the production and scheduling of advertising with the Production and Traffic Departments.
- Coordinate with the Promotions Director to develop sales promotion programs that fit your client’s needs.
- Meet established revenue requirements.
- Ensure that company initiatives and tools provided are used and maximized.
- Closely monitor the progress of all client campaigns to ensure maximum success.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- Outside sales experience.
- Goal oriented, competitive, and have the confidence to approach local businesses with marketing plans to help their business grow.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient prospecting and business development skills.
- The role requires an enthusiastic and hardworking person who exudes passion for Alpha Media’s unique platform and value proposition.
- This position requires a fully insured personal vehicle and valid driver’s license.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Previous media experience.
- Experience building strategic presentations and dynamically presenting them to clients.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking on the Apply button. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Ron McCarthy, Market Manager
1801 N. 13th Avenue East
Newton, IA 50208
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.