Alpha Media – Mankato is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Account Executive with a proven record of building and maintaining ongoing relationships with existing clients through the entire sales cycle. The ideal candidate must possess proven business development and sales experience. The Account Executive must be a self-starter that is able to work with clients to meet marketing objectives and sell the value of Alpha Media local radio and digital brands.
Alpha Media is one of the fastest growing companies in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative, and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
We are live, local, and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Sell radio and digital advertising.
- Provide valuable consultative services to small, mid-size, and large firms and bring a concentrated focus on business development for both you and your clients.
- Successfully uncover and close new, non-radio advertisers utilizing plans comprised of local spot and/or digital/non-spot revenue areas.
- Ensure that company initiatives and tools provided are used and maximized.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings and training sessions.
- Negotiate direct and agency business.
- Input client orders and copy using company provided software.
- Ensure attainment of monthly, quarterly, and annual local + NTR + digital budget goals.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field with sales and business development experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A proven track record delivering strong and consistent sales growth while consistently exceeding revenue targets.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing culture and environment.
- The ability to collaborate internally to launch innovative advertising campaigns that exceed client-marketing objectives.
- The role requires an enthusiastic and hardworking person who exudes passion for Alpha Media’s unique platform and value proposition.
- Understand digital marketing including mobile and programmatic digital advertising.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- This position requires a fully insured personal vehicle and valid driver’s license.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Experience building strategic presentations and dynamically presenting them to clients.
- Radio or media broadcasting experience.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking on the Apply button. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Shannon Magers
1807 Lee Blvd.
North Mankato, MN 56003
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.