Account Executive – KGRN-AM
Alpha Media – Grinnell-Newton is seeking an Account Executive for KGRN-AM who has a proven record of building and maintaining on-going relationships with existing clients through the entire sales cycle. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work with clients to meet marketing objectives and sell the value of Alpha Media local radio and digital brands.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 251 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest growing company in radio today!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Sell radio and digital advertising.
- Provide valuable consultative services to small, mid-size and large firms and bring a concentrated focus on business development for both you and your clients.
- Prospect for new accounts and identify local businesses that have a need for our products and services.
- Set appointments, meet with clients, make sales presentations, and execute contracts.
- Establish and execute weekly, daily, and monthly sales plans.
- Assist with writing advertising copy as required by the client.
- Coordinate the production and scheduling of advertising with the Production and Traffic Departments.
- Coordinate with the Promotions Director to develop sales promotion programs that fit your client’s needs.
- Meet established revenue requirements.
- Ensure that company provided initiatives and tools are used and maximized.
- Closely monitor the progress of all client campaigns to ensure maximum success.
Requirements of this position may include the following:
- Previous media sales experience.
- Goal oriented, competitive and have the confidence to approach local businesses with marketing plans to help their business grow.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient prospecting and business development skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- The role requires an enthusiastic and hardworking person who exudes passion for Alpha Media’s unique platform and value proposition.
- This position requires a fully insured personal vehicle and valid driver’s license.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Experience building strategic presentations and dynamically presenting them to clients.
- Knowledge of web design.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button below. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Ron McCarthy, General Manager
1801 N. 13th Avenue E.
Newton, IA 50208
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.