Afternoon Drive On-Air Talent – Sports Talk
Alpha Media - Portland is seeking a talented Afternoon Drive Sports Talk Host with a great attitude and an exceptional work ethic for Portland’s sports stations, 750AM and 102.9 The Game, home to the Oregon Ducks, Portland Timbers, and the NFL. The ideal candidate is an experienced host who is capable of entertaining listeners and understands the lifestyle of the sports fan.
Are you a master host in the sports talk world? Do you know the meaning of the word “entertainer”? If so, this is your opportunity to crack the starting lineup of the Oregon Ducks, Portland Timbers, and the NFL.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative, and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon Alpha Media operates 251 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest growing company in radio today!
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Co-host the afternoon drive sports show Monday – Friday, 3p-7p.
- Engage with listeners via phone calls, contests, and social media.
- Broadcast live from remote locations and events.
- Maintain and grow market leading ratings.
- Voice and produce commercials.
- Work with producers and co-host on creative content, including top daily sports stories.
- Write and post content to social media sites.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- Minimum three years’ on-air experience.
- Experience in the sports talk format.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Experience in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong audio editing software and broadcast equipment skills.
- Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to successfully execute station events and remotes.
- Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
- Build your brand simultaneously with the station brand.
- Skilled in operation of control board, remote broadcasting and other related production equipment.
- Ability to multi-task and handle constantly evolving deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be creative and innovative with a very strong work ethic.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured personal vehicle.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Working knowledge of radio automation software.
- Strong knowledge and a passion for all sports.
If you have a passion for radio and would like to work for a cutting edge company that understands what media is all about, submit your cover letter, resume, and current air-check ASAP by clicking the Apply button below. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Bruce Collins, Operations Manager
1211 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 600
Portland, OR 97204
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.