Board Operator – Part-time
Alpha Media – Louisville is seeking part-time Board Operators who are able to fill-in for numerous positions in programming and promotions. The ideal candidate must be able to work flexible hours and be available for additional shifts when necessary.
Alpha Media is one of the fastest growing companies in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
We are live and local and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Operate on-air console and audio controls.
- Run music and commercials as scheduled.
- Monitor liners, promos, and commercials as logged.
- Accurately log discrepancies.
- Maintain studio equipment and logs.
- Understand the procedures to follow in case of computer crash or loss of broadcast signal.
- Communicate with station Program Director in the event of any concerns, issues, or problems with the broadcast.
- Write and post information to station websites and social media platforms.
- Report sports updates and/or news updates live on-air.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Operations Manager or Market Manager.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with social media and the ability to post in order to gain maximum results.
- On-Air experience as news anchor and reporter.
- Previous Board-Op experience.
- Experience producing live programs.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing culture and environment.
- Participate in occasional radio station event or remote broadcast.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Previous commercial or non-commercial radio experience.
- Experience operating automation systems.
- Experience running radio automation systems such as Wide Orbit.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your resume, cover letter, and references ASAP by clicking the Apply button below. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Chris Johnson
520 4th Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.