Alpha Media – Saginaw is seeking a results-oriented broadcast Engineer-in-Training desiring to develop a career in broadcast media. The Engineer-in-Training will be responsible for maintaining all station technical operations within FCC regulations while adhering to company policies to ensure world class delivery of content to our local communities. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to prioritize work, manage the stress of a high-pressure work environment, and comply with all company procedures and internal controls associated with the assigned duties. This position reports to both the Regional Director of Engineering and Market Manager.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest growing company in radio today!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Maintain and repair all technical and electronic equipment at the studios and transmitter sites in the Saginaw area with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Install, monitor, and perform maintenance on control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antenna systems, meters, control systems, and remote equipment, including accurate record keeping.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair local computer infrastructure to include local area network, on-air automation system, and office workstations.
- Serve as the Chief Operator, to include the review and signing of EAS logs on a weekly basis to determine required entries are met, regular remote control calibrations, and maintaining up to date maintenance logs as required by FCC regulations.
- Ensure required proof of performance measurements are up to date, AM Occupied Bandwidth, Method of Moments recertification, etc.
- Assist with, as necessary, the technical needs at remote broadcasts and live performances.
- Interact with management and staff at all levels in a personable, professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the Market Manager or Regional Director of Engineering and consistent with the position.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- Associates or Technical Degree in Broadcast Engineering Technology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in broadcast engineering or a closely related field.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Experience in computer based broadcast automation.
- Experience with cluster-wide studio equipment and operations, audio routing and distribution of analog, digital and audio-over-IP protocols, EAS, satellite receivers, studio telephones and broadcast IT systems.
- Proficiency in basic electronics theory and principles including Ohms law and the ability to read schematics.
- Ability to use test equipment, i.e. Multi-meters, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, and field strength meters in troubleshooting.
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and repair high-power AM and FM transmitting facilities including troubleshooting down to the component level when practical.
- Knowledge of telephone systems and protocols including POTS, ISDN, T1, DSL, VoIP and PRI circuits.
- Knowledge of building systems, HVAC, electrical, UPS, and standby generators.
- Possess IT skills including PC/server troubleshooting and repair as well as knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP and local area networking.
- Proven ability to communicate technical information and interact easily with all levels of staff.
- Able to be on-call after hours for emergencies or routine maintenance as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide required driving record and proof of insurance.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Experience with WideOrbit Automation for Radio.
- Experience with Axia AoIP
- Experience with Directional AM Systems.
- Knowledge of telephone systems and cellular.
- Experience as a Team Leader/Supervisor.
- SBE, Microsoft, and CompTIA Certifications.
- Ability to lift and/or move loads up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces.
On-the-job training is provided the broadcast Engineer-in-Training to enhance knowledge and proficiency in specific technical areas as determined by and under the supervision of the Regional Director of Engineering. The successful candidate is expected to attend such formal training opportunities as identified, with Alpha Media-Saginaw underwriting expenses associated with the training.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking on the Apply button. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Geary Morrill, Regional Director of Engineering
1795 Tittabawassee Road
Saginaw, MI 48604
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.