Alpha Media – East Texas is seeking Content Director who will be responsible for managing the strategy and execution of the station brand and increasing audience engagement. The Content Director is ultimately responsible for the quality of the product of the station and, by extension, for protecting the station licenses. The Content Director supports the Market Manager and the General Sales Managers in driving revenue growth while developing and maintaining a market’s stations brand and identity. The Content Director, formally known as the Program Director, is a member of the management team and role models the values and operating principles of programming staff and broader market employees.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, excellent events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest growing company in radio today!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Identify, develop, coach, and manage the promotions staff and on-air talent with the support of the Senior Vice President of Programming.
- Analyze ratings and market research to grow the audience base, identify market risks and opportunities in order to improve ratings.
- Monitor and analyze competition and develop strategies to outperform competitors.
- Work with Promotion Directors and Digital Managers to drive audience engagement and build the station brands across broadcast, digital, and live entertainment.
- Work with on-air talent to ensure they invest in original content for the digital platforms.
- Assist in design and execution of live events.
- Support the Market Manager by leading the day-to-day management of station programming including, but not limited to, managing productivity, cost, technology, and production capabilities, and protecting the station from FCC infringements of on-air conduct.
- Provide leadership and oversight for direct reports, including guidance and identifying development opportunities.
- Drive results through your team and hold them accountable to business metrics and expectations, as well as ensuring they support market sales efforts.
- Execution of and contribution to central resources (e.g., programming an Alpha Media station, asking SVPP to call in talent coaching, etc.).
- Provide visible leadership and communications to the market.
- Actively support the Market Manager and Director of Sales in driving revenue growth (e.g., supporting sales calls to provide brand / product support).
- Develop broadcast and digital strategies that will strengthen the presence of station brands.
- Analyze your brand’s digital metrics for both the station and on-air personalities to measure performance.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and promotions to create brand-appropriate content to drive digital audience, fan engagement, and revenue.
- Inspire and manage talent, both on-air and off, to expand their show digitally and socially.
- Creatively use digital properties to grow terrestrial ratings.
- Strategically use on-air inventory to grow digital audience.
- Review and approve all commercial and paid programming content.
- Build and maintain successful relationships with record labels, producers, artists, managers, composers, and other industry contacts.
- Schedule station music to ensure music remains consistent with station’s brand.
- Direct and monitor station programming and activities in accordance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy, and applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Lead a content-driven team through example, coaching, inspiration, motivation, focus, and dedication.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Experience with programming and digital brand management.
- Understanding of the markets, listeners and competitors to drive optimum ratings growth.
- Knowledge of industry trends and revenue drivers with an ability to create and develop a brand that engages audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to multi-task while balancing multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- A strong talent mindset – exceptional people management and team performance/coaching experience.
- Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations.
- Proven ability to lead and execute in a fast-paced, active environment.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking on the Apply button. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Robin Smetak, Business Manager
210 S. Broadway, Suite 100
Tyler, TX 75702
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.