Corporate Accounts Payable Assistant
Alpha Media is seeking a full-time Corporate Accounts Payable Assistant to be located in our downtown Portland, Oregon headquarters. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to take direction, possess excellent communication and customer service skills, and enjoy working in a team environment that is dynamic and fast paced.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest growing media company in America!
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Assist the AP Accountant to ensure all payables are processed and recorded.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of the monthly check-printing schedule.
- Assist with payables summaries and GL coding between various markets.
- Scan and file of all invoices and checks issued.
- Fulfill check void and reissue requests for all markets.
- Collection and retention of vendor and prizewinner data for annual 1099 filings.
- Occasional coordination and direct interaction with external auditors.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or technical diploma and/or three years relevant corporate accounting work experience.
- Basic understanding of double-entry accounting.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all times.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to troubleshoot unexpected problems and correct them quickly.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Accounts Payable experience.
- Previous experience in broadcast media.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button below. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: HR – Accounts Payable Assistant
1211 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 750
Portland, OR 97204
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.