Director of Sales
Alpha Media – Shreveport is seeking an experienced Director of Sales. This is a senior leadership position responsible for managing and leading all aspects of the sales operation. The Director of Sales is expected to achieve revenue goals for our Shreveport market, station digital platforms, and community events. The successful candidate is an enthusiastic and hardworking person who exudes passion for Alpha Media’s unique platform and value proposition while providing visible leadership and communication to the market. This person must have a proven ability to prioritize work and manage the stress of a high-pressure work environment and will be expected to comply with all company procedures and internal controls associated with the assigned duties.
The Shreveport market consists of KTAL, KLKL, KDKS, KOKA, KBTT, and Vita Magazine.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon Alpha Media operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest growing company in radio today!
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Develop, share, implement, and communicate sales strategies and action plans.
- Negotiate client broadcast rates, commercial schedules, and unit pricing.
- Recruit account managers, sales managers, digital account executives, and event team.
- Coach and train sales managers to enhance skills and overall productivity of sales department.
- Develop spot, non-spot, and digital sales opportunities.
- Implement ongoing team management routines - sales staff meetings, one-on-one meetings.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
- Develop innovative sales commission and incentive plans that enhance sales results.
- Implement sales activities that generate new business and deepen existing relationships.
- Assist in collection of accounts receivable.
- Actively participate in business and community associations with the intention of developing extensive relationships with local influencers and decision makers.
- Manage department expenses.
- Provide weekly, monthly, and annual revenue/pacing reports to Market Manager.
- Create a positive, energetic, collaborative, and transparent team environment.
- Other duties as assigned and consistent with the position.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- A minimum of five years sales management experience; industry experience preferred.
- Expertise in inventory management, digital media, and non-spot/event revenue development.
- Experience with strategic account management, sales training/leadership, pricing, and budgeting.
- Understanding of broadcast media, ratings, marketing, promotion and collection standards.
- Extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others to achieve their goals.
- Ability to grow business and find new revenue opportunities as well as create productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Ability to balance data analytics, problem solving, and moving with speed to achieve maximum results.
- Possess a dynamic presence, stellar written and presentation skills, and excellent communication and influencing abilities across multiple levels.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a team setting.
- Must be available for travel when necessary.
- This position requires a valid driver license and current vehicle insurance.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: HR – Director of Sales
208 N. Thomas Drive
Shreveport, LA 71107
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.