General Sales Manager
Alpha Media - Dayton is seeking an experience, motivated General Sales Manager to supervise the sales staff for local, regional, and national accounts for each of the radio properties. The GSM will be responsible for planning and implementing sales programs and incentives designed to maximize sales revenues and achieve revenue goals set forth by the company. The successful candidate will have extensive and proven success launching, managing, and executing strategic objectives to exceed revenue goals in traditional radio, events, and digital platforms. The individual must possess strong leadership and collaboration skills and be a consummate team professional.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 251 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest growing company in radio today!
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Plan and strategize creative market penetration in order to achieve short and long term sales and business objectives.
- Manage pricing strategy and recommend action and enforcement.
- Oversee efforts of sales team by reviewing sales proposals and negotiating with clients.
- Develop sales commission and incentive plans.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and motivate sales personnel.
- Provide regular performance feedback to staff.
- Develop and manage annual departmental budget.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Associates or Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field; or equivalent level of experience.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Understanding of broadcasting, pricing inventory, ratings, marketing, promotion, and collection standard.
- Extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices.
- Excellent leadership and negotiating experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and handle pressure under strict deadlines.
- Must have a valid driver license and fully insured personal vehicle.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button below. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Sue Killinen, Business Manager
717 E. David Road
Kettering, OH 45429
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.