Alpha Media - Portland is looking for a full-time Graphic Designer to join the Portland Fan Engagement Department. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Community Engagement, the Graphic Designer is responsible for designing and creating station brand and sales related content to ensure maximum visibility and engagement with external audiences. This role is crucial to the success of the sales and station promotion campaigns and events. You will work closely with all departments designing and developing digital assets and will be expected to meet desired deadlines. Tasks may include, but are not limited to, advertisements, presentations, social media graphics, flyers, and posters. In addition, you will be relied upon to develop and follow station style guides, content strategies and syndication guidelines, as well as develop content initiatives that are efficient and scalable. You will work closely with the Director of Marketing and Community Engagement as well as Content Directors and others within the Fan Engagement Department to understand the branding direction of our radio stations, talent and live music venues, and communicate succinctly to corresponding markets. The ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at any given time with a high degree of proficiency and accuracy is a must. A portfolio of work that displays a genuine passion for content is required with your application.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative, and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 251 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Responsibilities of this position may include:
- Plan, manage, and execute the overall strategies to increase reach and click-through rate of web content and advertisements.
- Design and development of sales presentations, as well as all other sales design requests.
- Create content for web, emails, social communities, and mobile environments.
- Ensure web content is meeting needs and interests of visitors by analyzing digital metrics and reporting findings to the team and other internal stakeholders.
- Solicit and respond to user feedback and maintain customer service needs through digital channels.
- Assist Marketing and Community Engagement Director/Content Directors with station, jock, venue, and event branding.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, UI/UX, Film, or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- A minimum of one year in graphic design/social media marketing and/or video production.
- Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud tools and After Effects and ability to task manage effectively.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Experience overseeing the daily operation of social media campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with constantly evolving deadlines in an ever-changing landscape.
- Must be available and willing to work evenings and weekends as needed to meet deadlines.
- Must be reachable via phone and/or email after business hours.
- Extremely knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office programs (emphasis on Power Point, Excel, and Word).
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the above requirements plus the following:
- Knowledge of evolving social media platforms.
- Knowledge of Word Press and Interactive tools and products.
- Experience as copywriter/editor.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join an exciting, growing media company, submit your cover letter, portfolio, and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button below. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: HR – Graphic Designer
1211 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 600
Portland, OR 97204
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.