Market Manager – Fredericksburg, VA
Alpha Media – Fredericksburg is seeking a dynamic Market Manager to lead our organization in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Reporting to the EVP, the Market Manager is responsible for the setting and execution of the overall strategic and cultural plan for the group. The Market Manager ensures best practices are deployed consistently with the primary responsibilities, including providing strategic leadership and vision, building and developing a high-performing leadership team, achieving and exceeding sales and revenue targets, and setting the strategic direction of programming in partnership with the full complement of resources available through Alpha Media.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest growing media company in America!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Recruit, hire, and manage all department heads.
- Set the tone for a positive and supportive team culture.
- Develop strategic plans for market growth and profitability.
- Regulatory Compliance.
- Provide regular performance feedback and development to staff.
- Partner with the corporate team to provide maximum assets and opportunities for the local staff.
Requirements of this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent level of experience.
- Experience in Human Resources practices and procedures.
- Knowledge in all aspects of broadcasting sales and programming.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of EEO and labor laws.
- Excellent problem-solving and prioritizing skills.
- Proven experience and ability to develop community and client relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to create, communicate, and implement strategies and vision.
- Proven success leading and developing best-in-class management teams.
- Proven track record of running successful and profitable business operations with documented revenue growth success.
- Ability to grow the business and find new revenue opportunities over time, as well as create productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Strong talent mindset – exceptional people management and team performance experience.
- Excellent communication and influencing abilities across multiple levels while creating and leveraging a highly collaborative operating environment.
- Computer literacy in applicable programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressure and deadlines.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Experience as a Market Manager in a small to medium sized market.
- A minimum of three years of experience as a Director of Sales in a medium to large market.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: HR – Fredericksburg Market Manager
1211 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 750
Portland, OR 97204
This job description may be modified at any time as deemed appropriate by management or consistent with the essence of the job.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.