Alpha Media – Topeka is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Marketing Consultant. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter that is able to work with clients to meet marketing and advertising objectives and sell the value of Alpha Media local radio and digital brands
Alpha Media is one of the fastest growing companies in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 228 radio stations within 49 markets across the United States covering all formats.
We are live and local and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Sell radio and digital advertising.
- Provide valuable consultative services to small, mid-size, and large firms and bring a concentrated focus on business development for both you and your clients.
- Prepare and present advertising plans to clients.
- Prospect for new accounts and identify local businesses that have a need for our products and services.
- Set appointments, meet with clients, make sales presentations, and execute contracts.
- Establish and execute weekly, daily, monthly, and annual sales plans.
- Meet established revenue requirements.
- Ensure that company initiatives and tools provided are used and maximized.
- Closely monitor the progress of all client campaigns to ensure maximum success.
- Adhere to company credit policies and collect on accounts.
Requirements of this position may include the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Goal oriented, competitive, and have the confidence to approach local businesses with marketing plans to help their business grow.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient prospecting and business development skills.
- The role requires an enthusiastic and hardworking person who exudes passion for Alpha Media’s unique platform and value proposition.
- Experience and knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to be available outside of normal business hours when necessary.
- This position requires a fully insured personal vehicle and valid driver’s license.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Previous media experience.
- Outside sales experience.
- Experience building strategic presentations and dynamically presenting them to clients.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button below. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Cissy Long, Sales Director
1210 SW Executive Drive
Topeka, KS 66615
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.