On-Air Talent – 640 The Hurricane
Alpha Media – Palm Beach looking for the next On-Air Sports Superstar for 640 The Hurricane, Sports Radio. The ideal candidate must be capable of wearing many hats on the programming team. We are looking for an individual that understands that a large part of their responsibility will be embracing the area by getting out into the community. They must be engaging on social media with listeners as well and understand that their show isn’t simply an on-air shift, but a 24/7 investment. The ideal candidate will be someone who is self-driven, able to work quickly and efficiently, has a passion for local and national sports, realizes that online is equally as important as on-air, reflects the image of 640 The Hurricane, and understand that lifestyle is part of the station.
Alpha Media is one of the fastest growing companies in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
We are live and local and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Host a successful radio show that will grow ratings and revenue.
- Engage with your listeners 24/7 by blogging and on social media.
- Be able to accept coaching and direction from Program Director.
- Be a face in the community by participating in events around the city.
- Must be sales friendly and available for remote appearances and other client needs.
- Be creative and contribute promotional ideas with team.
- Able to interact well with other on air personalities, clients, and listeners at live remotes and station events.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in broadcast media.
- Experience with Adobe Audition and WordPress.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Must be digital savvy in all station online platforms.
- Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Possess public speaking skills and the ability to interact with listeners and clients at live events.
- Excellent problem-solving and prioritizing skills.
- Able to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Experience operating a control board, remote broadcasting, and other related studio software and equipment.
- Must be creative, innovative, and have original thought in the performance of on-air duties.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured vehicle.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter, resume, and air-check ASAP by clicking the Apply button. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: HR – 640 The Hurricane
701 Northpoint Parkway, Suite 500
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.