Alpha Media – Farmington is seeking a well-rounded On-Air Programmer for KREI and KTJJ. Our stations focus on local news, sports, and community events. Responsibilities include writing and reporting news, hosting an on-air shift on J98 KTJJ, audio production, remote broadcasts, and play-by-play sports reporting. The position is six days a week with some overtime.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 251 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest growing media company in America!
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Operate on-air console and audio controls.
- Run music and commercials as scheduled.
- Monitor liners, promos, and commercials as logged.
- Accurately log discrepancies.
- Maintain studio equipment and logs.
- Receive and screen calls during broadcast.
- Assist with coordination of on-air events.
- Assist with station activations and remote broadcasts.
- Follow proper procedures in case of computer crash or loss of broadcast signal.
- Communicate with Program Director regarding any concerns, issues, or problems with the broadcast.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and handle strict deadlines.
- Ability to troubleshoot unexpected problems and fix them quickly.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Flexibility to work holidays and weekends when needed.
- Must have a valid driver license and fully insured personal vehicle.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Previous commercial or non-commercial radio experience.
- Experience operating automation systems.
- Experience running radio automation systems such as Wide Orbit.
- Knowledge of WordPress.
- Experience with video production.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button below. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Chad Speakar, Program Director
1401 KREI Blvd.
Farmington, MO 63640
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.