Alpha Media – Cameron-Bethany is looking for a talented On-Air Talent. The ideal candidate is an experienced on-air personality who is capable of wearing many hats on the programming team, is able to assist with the promotions department, and has a passion for radio. The right person understands the interaction between the talent, clients, and audience at live remotes, appearances, station events, and on-air are a vital part of the station’s ratings and success.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 251 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
If you have a passion for great local radio and a passion to serve our great community, we would like to talk to you about joining our team!
Responsibilities of this position may include:
- Consistently and routinely rely on creativity, innovation, and innate talent in the performance of on-air duties.
- Entertain, editorialize, and provide analysis and insight on various subject matters.
- On-air performance to be based on a combination of subject matter expertise, inventiveness, and your unique individual perspective or interpretation.
- Interview national and local celebrities, subject matter experts, and public officials.
- Evaluate music content, listener feedback, and recommend appropriate repositioning.
- Serve as Master of Ceremonies for public and/or private events.
- Maintain traffic logs and transmitter readings.
- Announce station identification.
- Report traffic, weather, news, and business reports.
- Remain current with both local and national news through outside news sites.
- Voice commercial copy and public service announcements.
- Produce voice-over content.
- Assist with special promotions and programming activities.
- Other duties as assigned and consistent with the position.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Experience in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
- Able to use scripted or adlibbed introductions for artists, music, and other content.
- Excellent problem solving and prioritizing skill.
- Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Skilled in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment.
- Must have a valid driver license and fully insured personal vehicle.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter, resume, and MP3 air-check ASAP by clicking the Apply button below. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Doug Schmitz, Market Manager
PO Box 643
Cameron, MO 64429
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.