Alpha Media – Waynesville-Lebanon is looking for a talented On-Air Talent. The ideal candidate is an on-air personality with at least one year of experience who is capable of wearing many hats on the programming team, is able to assist with the promotions department, and has a passion for radio. The right person understands the interaction between the talent, clients, and audience at live remotes, appearances, station events, and on-air are a vital part of the station’s ratings and success.
Alpha Media is one of the fastest growing companies in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative, and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
If you have a passion for great local radio and a passion to serve our great community, we would like to talk to you about joining our team!
Responsibilities of this position may include:
- Engage with listeners via phone calls, contests, and social media.
- Broadcast live from remote locations and events.
- Operate control console.
- Conduct on-air interviews.
- Maintain traffic logs and transmitter readings.
- Work with Promotions and Sales departments on creative content.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- A minimum of one year on-air experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Experience in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficient in use of audio editing software and broadcast equipment.
- Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to successfully execute station events and remotes.
- Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
- Excellent problem solving and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Skilled in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment.
- Be a positive member of a tight-knit team.
- Must be creative and innovative with a strong work ethic.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured personal vehicle.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter, resume, and MP3 air-check ASAP by clicking the Apply button. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Mike Edwards
P. O. Box 1112
Lebanon MO 65536
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.