On-Air Talent – 93.3 WFLS
Alpha Media – Fredericksburg is looking for a talented part-time On-Air Talent for 93.3 WFLS. The ideal candidate is an experienced on-air personality who is flexible for live broadcasts on weekends and cover staff vacations. The right person understands the interaction between the talent, clients, and the audience are a vital part of the station’s ratings and success.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 251 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
If you have a passion for great local radio and a passion to serve our great community, we would like to talk to you about joining our team!
Responsibilities of this position may include:
- Engage with listeners via phone calls, contests, and social media.
- Operate control console.
- Operate board for NASCAR races and remotes.
- Voice track programs.
- Remain current with both local and national news.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Experience in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of the country format.
- Experience with Wide Orbit and Adobe.
- Proficient in use of audio editing software and broadcast equipment.
- Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
- Excellent problem solving and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Skilled in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment.
- Be a positive member of a tight-knit team.
- Must be creative and innovative with a strong work ethic.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter, resume, and MP3 air-check ASAP by clicking the Apply button below. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Sandy Ridgeway, Business Manager
616 Amelia Street
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.