On-Air Talent – 95.9 The Sports Nut
Alpha Media – Peoria is seeking a part-time On-Air Personality for 95.9 The Sports Nut (WPBG HD3). The ideal candidate is someone with excellent editorial judgement when it comes to selecting show content, has a solid grasp on the use and marketing of social media, and is able to relate to our audience.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 251 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest growing company in radio today!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Co-host or produce a live on-air program weekday afternoons, 4p-6p.
- Find, prepare, and present the latest sports, informative, entertaining, and lifestyle topics.
- Aggregate appropriate audio for on-air use.
- Create original social media content that relates to the listening audience.
- Post station and show content to social media sites and station website.
- Broadcast live at remote broadcasts, promotions, station events, and personal appearances.
- Operate on-air console and audio controls during live show.
- Perform promotional and commercial production duties.
- Other duties as assigned and consistent with the position.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- In-depth knowledge of professional and collegiate sports teams, players, and events.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Experience in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels.
- Possess strong organizational skills, be able to multi-task, prioritize, and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Be a self-starter, able to take direction, possess excellent communication skills, and enjoy working with a tight-knit team.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and current insurance coverage
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Working knowledge of radio automation software and audio editing software.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and would like to join a culture that is built on support, respect, creativity, energy and hustle, submit your cover letter, resume, and current air-check ASAP by clicking the Apply button below. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Emily Holman, Business Manager
331 Fulton Street, 12th Floor
Peoria, IL 61602
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.