On-Air Talent – 98.3 WCCQ
Alpha Media – Joliet is seeking a part-time and weekend On-Air Personality for 98.3 WCCQ, the suburb's Hometown Country station, serving the southwest and western Chicagoland area. The ideal candidate is an energetic personality with knowledge of current music, culture, local events, and social media.
Can you give our active suburban audience a great local listening experience, connect to the audience with creative use of social media, be available to fill-in on short notice, and be an active member of the WCCQ team? If so, we would like to talk to you about joining our team. This is a local position in our Chicagoland studios, we are not looking for national or remote voice trackers.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative, and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest growing company in radio today!
Responsibilities for this position may include the following:
- Host live and/or voice tracked radio shows.
- Entertain, inform, and connect with the local community to maximize ratings performance.
- Cover various shifts and remote broadcasts.
- Operate on-air console and audio controls.
- Contribute engaging content on all social media platforms.
- Prepare and deliver traffic and news reports.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- A minimum of one year commercial on-air experience.
- Experience with broadcast operating systems, including NextGen and Adobe Audition.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Experience in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have knowledge and passion for Country Music from the 1990's to current and be able to convey that knowledge and passion on air.
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Must be able to have a flexible work schedule.
- Possess strong social media skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured personal vehicle.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter, resume, references, recommendation letters, and current air-check ASAP by clicking the Apply button. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Roy Gregory, Program Director
2410 B Caton Farm Road
Crest Hill, IL 60403
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.