On-Air Talent – 98.7 The Bull
Alpha Media – Portland is seeking a morning show On-Air Personality for 98.7 The Bull. The ideal candidate is someone with a great attitude, an exceptional work ethic, and able to naturally resonate with the listening audience and collaborate well with an ensemble cast.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest growing company in radio today!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Maintain and grow market leading ratings.
- Inform, entertain, and engage listeners.
- Regular use of social media platforms to connect with listeners in unique ways.
- Gather news stories, audio, and write content for the show.
- Pitch segments/ideas, and work closely with the Program Director.
- Help evaluate content of music, monitor listener feedback and recommend appropriate repositioning.
- Conduct on-air interviews with national and local celebrities, subject matter experts, and public officials.
- Serve as Master of Ceremonies for public and/or private events.
- Broadcast live from remote locations.
- Announce station identification.
- Read traffic, weather, news, business reports, and other public service information.
- Read commercial copy and public service announcements.
- Be a positive member of a tight-knit team.
- Perform other duties consistent with position.
Requirements of this position may include the following:
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
- Excellent problem-solving and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Skilled in operation of control board, remote broadcasting and other related production equipment.
- Must be creative and innovative with a very strong work ethic.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured vehicle.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter, resume, references, recommendation letters, and current air-check ASAP by clicking the Apply button. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: MoJoe Roberts
1211 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 600
Portland, OR 97204
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.