On-Air Talent / Programmer – Part-Time
Alpha Media – Cameron-Bethany is seeking a part-time On-Air Talent/Programmer. This position is approximate 15 hours per week for Sunday morning programming and Friday night football Endzone Show. The ideal candidate understands the interaction between the talent, clients, and audience at live remotes, appearances, station events, and on-air are a vital part of the station’s ratings and success.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative, and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 251 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
We are live and local in every market and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Assist with Friday night football Endzone Show.
- Receive phone calls from coaches and relay information to show host.
- Update online scoreboard.
- Set up Chiefs and Royals broadcasts when needed.
- Prepare a minimum of five production pieces daily as needed.
- Ensure all production is submitted correctly.
- Run board for Sunday morning St. Munchin Church service beginning at 7a.
- Play gospel music between services.
- Write and post obituaries to website.
- Cover board shifts for high school sports.
- Cover during staff vacation and time-off.
- Ensure meter readings and website checks are completed during on-air shift.
- Other duties as assigned and consistent with the position.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- Play-by-play experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Excellent problem solving and prioritizing skills.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision, and be detail oriented.
- Skilled in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured personal vehicle.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the above requirements and have the following:
- Experience working with WordPress, Facebook and Twitter.
- Prior experience in the broadcast industry.
If you feel you are qualified and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter, resume, and air-check ASAP by clicking the Apply button below. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Chris Ward
607 E. Platte Clay Way
Cameron, MO 64429
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.