On-Air Talent – WERV
Alpha Media – Aurora is seeking a part-time, local, and experienced on-air personality for weekend and fill in work on one of the most successful radio stations in Chicago's western suburbs. The ideal candidate must be extremely familiar with the western suburbs and possess excellent verbal, written, and social media communication skills.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative, and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Alpha Media, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest growing company in radio today!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Host live and/or voice tracked radio shows.
- Operate on-air console and audio controls.
- Manage the digital efforts of your show, including producing content for social media that focuses on local news and/or stories related to classic hits music/artists.
- Operate in-studio board for live remote broadcasts.
- Receive, screen, and record listener’s phone calls for on-air playback consideration during your show if applicable.
- Fill in for prime time on-air personality vacation.
- Light production work.
- Additional duties assigned by the Program Director and consistent with the position.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- Working knowledge of radio automation software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
- Must have knowledge and passion for Classic Hits music from the 1960's-1990's and be able to convey that knowledge and passion in your on-air presentation.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing culture and environment.
- Must have a fully insured personal vehicle and valid driver's license.
Must be available to fill in with reasonable request time, especially on weekdays and holidays.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter, resume, and air-check ASAP by clicking the Apply button below. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Danielle Tufano, WERV
1884 Plain Avenue
Aurora, IL 60502
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.