Part-Time News Anchor – 101.1 KXL
Alpha Media - Portland is looking for an experienced part-time News Anchor with a great attitude and an exceptional work ethic for Portland’s #1 News Team, 101.1 KXL, in downtown Portland, Oregon. The ideal candidate be able to write and speak clearly and concisely, conduct phone interviews, produce wraps, edit wave files, and run a smooth board. You will be responsible for running the board and anchoring Saturdays and Sundays plus weekday fill in.
Alpha Media is one of the fastest growing companies in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative, and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Alpha Media, headquartered in Portland, Oregon operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
We are live, local, and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Operate on-air consoles and audio controls.
- Write and report news.
- Collaborate with show producers and News Director on the news of the day and prioritize coverage.
- Monitor all news coverage on local television affiliates, local newspapers, and local radio competitors.
- Remain up-to-date with local news and breaking news stories.
- Post stories to station website and social media sites.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- A minimum of three years’ newswriting and on-air experience.
- Ability to relate to the listening audience.
- Strong knowledge of digital studio and production software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Experience in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficient in use of audio editing software and broadcast equipment.
- Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task and handle constantly evolving deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your resume, cover letter, air-check, writing samples, and references ASAP by clicking on the Apply button. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Bruce Collins, Talk Operations Manager
1211 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 600
Portland, OR 97204
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.