Promotions Assistant / Board Operator
Alpha Media – Biloxi-Gulfport is looking to for a part-time Promotions Assistant/Board Operator to be part of our Promotion and Programming team and the face of the stations. The Promotions Assistant/Board Operator will interact with listeners at events, set up displays, and operate on-air console and audio controls for morning shows, as well as other duties assigned by the Promotions and Program Directors. The successful candidate will have the proven ability to interact with listeners, musical artists, and sports team staff while managing quick event set ups, tear downs, and everything in between. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to take direction, possess excellent communication and customer service skills and enjoy working in a team environment that is dynamic and fast paced.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest growing media company in America!
Under the supervision of the Promotions Director, the Promotions Assistant/Board Operator is responsible for assisting in the execution of any and all station and company events. This may include concerts, live remote broadcasts, station appearances, internal company events and/or conferences, and more. This individual will execute live and syndicated shows and sporting events. Any events that will be serving alcoholic beverages will be staffed with only employees who are 21 years or older.
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Setting up station events: raising tents, plugging in sound systems, putting up signage/banners.
- Managing the events while in progress: interacting with listeners, leading games, prize wheels, speaking on the microphone/PA.
- Operation of broadcasting and computer equipment.
- Successfully communicate with several different types of positions: listeners, employees, management at events, clients.
- Other duties as assigned and consistent with the position.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Possess a positive attitude and outgoing personality.
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the above requirements and have the following:
- 21 years or older.
- Have an interest in radio.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by hitting the Apply button. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Danielle Hamilton
9471 Three Rivers Road, Suite A
Gulfport, MS 39503
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.