Alpha Media – Fredericksburg is seeking a Promotions Director to manage station promotions, live events, social media, and the street team staff. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to take direction, possess excellent communication and customer service skills, and enjoy working in a team environment that is dynamic, fast paced, and deadline driven. Reporting to the Market Manager, the Promotions Director will coordinate and manage all promotional activity both on and off air for the station group. The Promotions Director will create, launch, and maintain contests, promotions, and events occurring on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
Alpha Media is one of the fastest growing companies in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
We are live and local and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Lead promotion meetings with Account Executives, Programming, and Sales Departments to brainstorm ideas, contests, and events.
- Manage promotional requests with the Programming and Sales departments.
- Create, organize, execute, and manage all station events.
- Work with Content Directors to manage Social Media strategy.
- Ensure station is in FCC compliance for contests, promotions, events, rules, etc.
- Interface with Account Executives and General Manager on a daily basis.
- Create revenue generating ideas; be available for meetings with any and all departments.
- Create, organize, and execute on-air, online, and onsite copy, contests, and promotions.
- Manage station website to include regular interface with Digital Department.
- Manage prizes and contests with station, winners, and front desk personnel.
- Manage station merchandise.
- Manage station promotions budget.
- Create and write proposals for giveaways, artist interviews, and onsite activities.
- Create contest rules for all station needs.
- Manage interns and part-time Street Team staff, including hiring and training.
- Maintain station vehicles, cameras, and all supplies within the department.
- Other duties as assigned by the Market Manager and consistent with the position.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- A minimum of one year experience as Promotions Director or related field.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional, friendly, personable, enthusiastic, and out-going.
- Ability to multi-task and handle constantly evolving deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Experience managing staff at large events.
- Ability to work closely with high level clients and management.
- Able to self-manage.
- Proficiency in Excel, Power Point, and Microsoft Word.
- Available and willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Must be available via phone and/or email after business hours.
- This position requires a valid Driver’s License and current auto insurance.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the above requirements and have the following:
- Graphic design, photography, and/or video editing experience.
- Management experience.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as Promotions Director in radio.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: Sandy Ridgeway, Business Manager
616 Amelia St.
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.