Promotions Director – 95.9 The River
Alpha Media – Aurora is seeking a Promotions Director for 95.9 The River to manage station promotions, events and street team staff, and be part of our local Promotions Department. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to take direction, possess excellent communication and customer service skills, and enjoy working in a team environment that is dynamic, fast paced, and deadline driven. Reporting to the General Manager, the Promotions Director will coordinate and manage all promotional activity both on and off air for our station. The Promotions Director will create, launch, and maintain contests, promotions, and events occurring on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 250 radio stations within 51 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest growing company in radio today!
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Lead promotion meetings with Account Executives, Programming, and Sales Departments to brainstorm ideas, contests and events.
- Manage promotional requests with the Programming and Sales departments.
- Create, organize, execute, and manage all station events.
- Ensure station is in FCC compliance for contests, promotions, events, rules, etc.
- Interface with Account Executives and General Manager on a daily basis.
- Create revenue generating ideas; be available for meetings with any and all departments.
- Create, organize, and execute on-air, online, and onsite copy, contests, and promotions.
- Manage station website to include regular interface with Digital Department.
- Manage social networking sites: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and online community contesting platform.
- Manage prizes and contests with station, winners, and front desk personnel.
- Manage station merchandise.
- Manage station promotions budget.
- Create and write proposals for giveaways, player and artist interviews, and onsite activities.
- Create contest rules for all station needs.
- Manage interns and part-time Street Team staff, including hiring and training.
- Maintain station vehicles, cameras, and all supplies within the department.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager and consistent with the position.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- A minimum of one year experience as Promotions Director or related field.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional, friendly, personable, enthusiastic, and out-going.
- Ability to multi-task and handle constantly evolving deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Experience managing staff at large events.
- Ability to work closely with high level clients and management.
- Able to self-manage.
- Proficiency in Excel, Power Point, and Microsoft Word.
- Available and willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be available via phone and/or email after business hours.
- This position requires a valid Driver’s License and current auto insurance.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the above requirements and have the following:
- Graphic design, photography, and/or video editing experience.
- Management experience.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as Promotions Director in radio.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: HR – Promotions Director 95.9 The River
1884 Plain Avenue
Aurora, IL 60502
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.