Reporter / Anchor – 550 KTSA & FM-1071
Alpha Media - San Antonio is looking for a talented professional broadcast reporter/anchor with a great attitude and an exceptional work ethic for the news team of the 550 KTSA and FM-1071. The ideal candidate is expected to contribute to a multimedia newsroom: report from the scene of news events in the San Antonio metropolitan area, deliver high-quality, concise, and personable content on-air on 550 KTSA and FM-1071, and develop intriguing digital content for KTSA.com and the station’s social media platforms. The candidate must be capable of wearing any hat in the newsroom, from being the primary news reporter, anchor, traffic anchor, and digital content creator. This candidate should be a seasoned reporter with at least three years’ experience working in the newsroom of a medium to major market as well as sound interesting, bring energy and personality to their reports, and be capable of expertly describing their surroundings on-air to an engaged local audience.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquarter in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Come work for the fastest growing company in radio today!
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Meet a minimum daily story count.
- Write in an active voice – concise and conversationally.
- Contribute original story ideas that are unique to the San Antonio area.
- Collaborate with news anchor, show producers, and News Director on the news of the day and prioritize coverage.
- Monitor all news coverage on local television affiliates, local newspapers, and local radio competitors.
- Remain up to date with city council meetings, county commissioner meetings, court meetings, and other newsworthy stories.
- Ability to work a rotating on-call weekend schedule in addition to the regular assigned hours of 9a – 5p, Sunday through Thursday.
- Must be available to be on-call for breaking news stories.
- Provide photos and video while covering news stories when applicable.
- Post stories to station website and social media sites.
- Anchor newscasts and traffic desk as needed.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in the newsroom of a medium to major market station.
- A minimum of three years’ experience with newswriting.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in use of audio editing software and remote broadcast equipment.
- Proficient in use of social media and digital content management systems.
- Must be a team player and work well with management at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task and handle constantly evolving deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- This position requires a fully insured personal vehicle and valid driver’s license.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your resume, cover letter, air-check, writing samples, and references ASAP by clicking on the Apply button. You may also mail the same to:
Attn: Dennis Foley, KTSA News Director
4050 Eisenhauer Road
San Antonio, TX 78218
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.