Talk Show Producer – Markley & van Camp
Alpha Media - Peoria is looking for an experienced and professional Talk Show Producer with a great attitude and an exceptional work ethic for the nationally-syndicated Markley and van Camp Show. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of three years’ show producing experience, know resonating trending topics and be able to identify the “A level content” in news and entertainment.
Alpha Media is one of the fastest growing companies in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Alpha Media, headquartered in Portland, Oregon operates 250 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
We are live, local, and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Provide hosts with daily show sheet, complete with resonating, compelling guests and topics.
- Monitor news coverage and compelling content on other media and various other sources.
- Remain up-to-date with daily news and breaking stories.
- Post show content to website and social media sites used by the show, including but not limited to, immediate updates and seizing other opportunities during each show.
- Coordination and communication during the show with guests, hosts, screener, sources, etc.
- Provide immediate information to hosts during each show and seek out and deliver relevant supporting information, audio and video, and other elements.
- Produce promos and other audio with audio editing software and broadcast equipment.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Experience in all Microsoft Office programs and adaptability to Google G-Suite.
- Proficient in use of audio editing software and broadcast equipment.
- Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task and handle constantly evolving deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle constantly evolving deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your resume, cover letter and references ASAP by clicking on the Apply button. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN:: Emily Holman
331 Fulton Street, 12th Floor
Peoria, IL 61602
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.