Alpha Media - Portland is looking for a full-time Visual Designer to join the Portland Fan Engagement Department. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Community Engagement, the Visual Designer is responsible for producing station brand and sales related content (video and graphics) to ensure maximum visibility and engagement with external audiences. This role is crucial to the success of sales and station promotional campaigns and events. You will work closely with, and between, all departments designing and developing digital assets and will be expected to meet desired deadlines. Tasks may include, but are not limited to: videos, advertisements, presentations, social media graphics, flyers, and posters. You will also develop and follow station style-guides, content strategies, and syndication guidelines and develop content initiatives that are efficient and scalable. You will work closely with the Director of Marketing and Community Engagement as well as Content Directors and others within the Fan Engagement Department to understand the branding direction of our radio stations, talent and live music venues, and communicate succinctly to corresponding markets. The ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at any given time with a high degree of proficiency and accuracy is a must. A portfolio of your work that displays a genuine passion for content is required.
Alpha Media is the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative, and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 251 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
Responsibilities of this position may include:
- Plan, manage, and execute the overall strategies to increase reach and click-through rate of video and web content and advertisements.
- Schedule, shoot, edit, and produce several videos for different brands at any given time.
- Design and develop sales presentations and videos, as well as other sales design requests.
- Create video and static content for web, emails, social communities, and mobile environments.
- Ensure web content is meeting needs and interests of visitors by analyzing digital metrics and report findings to the team and other internal stakeholders.
- Solicit and respond to user feedback and maintain customer service needs through digital channels.
- Assist Marketing and Community Engagement Director, Content Directors with station, jock, venue, and event branding
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in film, video production, UI/UX, graphic design, or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- A minimum of three years in video production/graphic design and/or social media marketing.
- Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud tools and After Effects and ability to task manage effectively.
- Ability to work in a tight-knit team environment.
- Experience overseeing the daily operation of social media campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to handle constantly evolving deadlines in an ever-changing landscape.
- Must be available and willing to work evenings and weekends as needed to meet deadlines.
- Must be reachable via phone and/or email after business hours.
- Extremely knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office programs (emphasis on Power Point, Excel, and Word)
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the above requirements plus the following:
- Knowledge of evolving social media platforms.
- Knowledge of Word Press and Interactive tools and products.
- Experience as copywriter/editor.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join an exciting, growing media company, submit your cover letter, portfolio, and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button below. You may also mail the same to:
ATTN: HR – Visual Designer
1211 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 600
Portland, OR 97204
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.