Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Job Applicant Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective Date and Last Updated: December 23, 2022
This Notice is only for individuals who reside in the State of California and are applying for jobs at Alpha.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Below are the categories of Personal Information that we may collect about you and the purposes for which the Personal Information may be used.
- Identifiers, including real name, nickname or alias, postal address, mobile telephone number, e-mail address, signature, or similar identifiers.
- Characteristics of Protected Classification, including information about age and citizenship status as necessary to comply with certain legal requirements.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information about your interactions on Alpha’s websites.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information, including compensation, professional certifications, and current and past employment.
- Education Information, including educational institution attended, degrees obtained, awards, and grade point average.
- Sensitive Personal Information, including information about citizenship status as necessary to comply with certain legal requirements, and information necessary to verify employment eligibility, including Social Security Number.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the applicants’ Personal Information for business and commercial purposes. These uses include, but are not limited to the following:
- To assess applicants’ suitability for the position applied for, their qualifications for employment, and to conduct a pre-employment background check;
- To respond to your communications and otherwise engage with you throughout the application process;
- To analyze how you interact with our websites;
- To conduct internal audits or internal investigations;
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of Alpha’s websites, products, services, databases, networks, and other technical assets and business;
- To maintain security of Alpha’s offices or work sites;
- To manage litigation and other legal disputes and inquiries and to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- To comply with Federal and California law.
CATEGORIES OF SOURCES FROM WHICH PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We collect Personal Information directly from you, from your interactions with Alpha’s websites and/or services, from service providers and vendors, such as recruiting or staffing agencies, and from other third parties.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DISCLOSED FOR A BUSINESS PURPOSE
We may disclose the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- Characteristics of Protected Classification;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Education information; and
- Sensitive Personal Information.
The purposes for disclosing this Personal Information are consistent with the reasons stated above.
CATEGORIES OF THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose Personal Information to the following categories of recipients:
- To contractors, subcontractors, vendors, and third parties who support us in the hiring process and that help us operate our websites;
- To third parties to whom you ask us to send Personal Information;
“SELLING” AND “SHARING” UNDER THE CCPA
We do not “sell” or “share” the Personal Information you provide to us in your capacity as an applicant, as those terms are defined by the CCPA. However, if you apply for a job using the careers page on our website, we may use marketing or analytics cookies. The information collected through the use of these cookies may be shared with our marketing partners or analytics providers. Under the CCPA, the sharing of these online identifiers is a sale. You may opt out of this use by following the instructions in the Opt-Out Notice.
We do not have actual knowledge of selling or sharing Personal Information of minors under 16.
We retain personal information for as long as it is reasonably needed to perform the business purpose for which it was collected and consistent with applicable law. We strive to limit our retention of personal information for the least amount of time needed. The criteria we may use to determine the specific retention period of personal information include the type of information; the reason for collection; our reasonable business purposes for processing the information; and whether retention or deletion of the information is necessary to comply with legal obligations.
RIGHTS UNDER THE CCPA
California residents have the following rights under the CCPA:
- The right to know what Personal Information the business has collected about the consumer, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing Personal Information, the categories of third parties to whom the business discloses Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information the business has collected about the consumer;
- The right to delete Personal Information that the business has collected from the consumer, subject to certain exceptions;
- The right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that a business maintains about a consumer;
- If the business sells or shares Personal Information, the right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of their Personal Information by the business; however Alpha does not Sell or Share Personal Information, as those terms are defined by the CCPA;
- If the business uses or discloses sensitive Personal Information for certain reasons, the right to limit the use or disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information by the business; however, Alpha does not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information in a way that would trigger this right; and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by the business for the exercise of privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, including an applicant’s right not to be retaliated against for the exercise of their CCPA rights.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR CALIFORNIA RIGHTS
If you are a resident of California, to exercise or to inquire about the above rights, you can send an email to [email protected] or by calling 866-593-4937.
Please indicate in your communication that your request is pursuant to the CCPA.